Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding cum King's Birthday


Early last month, I could still recalled that HB informing me about attending a malay wedding invitation in Shah Alam but I didn't take it seriously.Then during the first week of school holidays, June 6th which was also a Public Holiday in collaboration with the King's Birthday,the mentioned wedding dinner took place in Dewan Banquet Cattleya, Tkt 4,Wisma PKPS,Persiaran Perbandaran,Shah Alam.

The wedding was between Edayu Seliza and Amirunizam.The bride is HB co chairman's daughter.The dinner time stated on the wedding invitation card reads as 2000hrs.Phew, it was a long wait that particular night for the dinner to start.Moreover, how can dinner be serve before the arrival of important and honourable invited guests and the bride and groom.

The time showed quarter past nine with the master of ceremony announcing the arrival of our very important and respected guest, Tun Abdullah Badawi and his wife,Tun Jeanne Abdullah.After taken their seats, the bride and groom followed suit. After the 'raja' and 'permaisuri sehari' (meaning being the king and queen of the day for the bride and groom) had been up stage on the pelamin, another half an hour for the merenjis air mawar time.Was performed by Pak Lah and wife and relatives too.

Finally, dinner was served. A quick glance at my watch, it's already 2145hrs. I could see that everyone were equally hungry as me.Surprisingly, the dinner ended by 2300 hrs and we headed for our home,Puchong Utama when most of the guests were still in the hall, waiting to have their hand shake with our ex Prime Minister and his wife.

An addition to my blog, PS and I found out that the wedding hall were also used by the celebrities such as Dato Siti Nurhaliza and Ning Baizuri for their wedding dinner.Though I'm not invited to the two famous celebrities dinner but I got to have wedding dinner in the same hall as Dato Siti Nurhaliza and Ning Baizura.

No comments:

Post a Comment